When setting goals, the SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound) method is used. Let’s learn how that process works.
1. Specific: Improve putting.
2. Measurable: I will use strokes gained as my measure.
3. Achievable: An improvement of .5 strokes gained is challenging but realistic.
4. Relevant: My coach says if my putting is the area with the most growth potential.
5. Time-bound: One year gives me enough time to put in the work and see the results.
Finally, put your SMART goal somewhere that you will see it every day. Set up practice sessions designed to help you achieve this goal!